Program Description: The objectives of this program is to improve the rights of the child and to stimulate integration of the poorest.
Enhancing solidarity with the poor family, the program seeks to integrate her in the save-credit system and to build her economic capacity. “Microcredit project” is the pillar of the program. TIC tries to reinforce liquidity available for small credits in FSG (Financial solidarity Groups).
There is like a contract that each member of FSG must improve positive behaviors according to schooling children, keeping clean environment, improving healthy nutrition, avoiding gender based violence at home, … Trainings are organized for sensitization.
Beneficiaries: Nowadays, the microcredit project works with 7 FSGs in Busanza and 3 FSGs in Kabuye. About 942 children and their parents benefit then from this project.
– About 100 families will be developing small business and this will participate to strengthen family economy and the country’s one.All families in villages will have “mutuelle de santé”(community-based health insurance)
– All children of the sector go to school
– All families have improved their nutrition behavior: have and use kitchen garden, covered toilets and hand cleaner dispositive at home, …
– Gender based violence reduced by 60% in the families
– Small social project will born with participation of this project
Improvement: Some other initiatives (projects) for empowering the poorest or for boosting the market and economic exchanges are necessary.